Why Choose LED Lighting?
Thomas Edison, the inventor of the incandescent light bulb in addition to many other things, has to be clapping in his grave to see how far modern lighting has developed since he patented the first light bulb in 1880. Lighting has progressed and evolved many times to get us where we are today and the most popular lighting on the market is the LED (Light Emitting Diode).
LED has taken giant leaps over the last 10 years and is being used in just about every type of lighting environment including automobile headlamps, Christmas tree lighting, commercial lighting, entertainment, residential lighting and much more. There are many reasons why LED lighting is so popular and here are just a few benefits.
- Operational Temperature – Incandescent and fluorescent lights have a tough time operating in hot or cold temperatures. LED lights are functional in any temperature.
- Safe – Have you ever reached up to change a light bulb that had just burned out forgetting it might be hot? With LED lighting that is not a problem since they operate at such low temperatures they are safe to touch anytime.
- Durable – LED lights have proven themselves to be highly durable. They can withstand all types of weather, vandalism, and are built to last.
- Flexibility – One of the neatest things about LED’s is they have the capability of changing shapes and colors.
- Efficient – Compared to traditional lighting LED lights use 75% less energy and last 25 times longer.
So when it comes time to change that light bulb in the kitchen, think about changing to the more efficient, safer and convenient LED light bulb instead.